Friday, September 25, 2009

'Granite' Sealing

You have a great informative web site but, I still have questions.  I have a 'granite' slab in my kitchen that is something like a Kashmir Gold or Juparana species.  A lighter toned swirling slab.  It is very prone to stains Ouch and I have already been rescued by Maurizio's Talc/Acetone solution.  The slab is going to stay, so I'm curious of the best way to protect it?  Several coats of an impregnating sealer (such as MB-4) ?  I do not believe the slab has recieved any treatment thus far.  Currently, the slab is stain free and looks perfect, should it still be cleaned with a cleaning solution (like MB-2) prior to sealing?

                                                   Thanks,
                                                       Brendan 

No comments: