Monday, September 21, 2009

Question on Cleaning/Sealing Juparana Bordeaux

Hello Maurizio!

Yesterday we had Juparana Florence Bordeaux installed as kitchen countertops by All Marble Granite & Tile Imports in NJ.  I have been reading your advice pages on findstone.com for the past few months and I had wanted to buy your MB-4 product.   Problem is my installers started sealing the granite upon installation!!  They also told me to clean it with soap and water.  That was when my red flag went up as I've read your views on this method of cleaning!!!

So far we've had the following done to our granite:

 1.  HG Marble & Stone Protector  www.hginternational.com
 One was coat applied by the installers yesterday, fairly quickly after the Granite was wiped down.
(Can says this is a High quality invisible sealer - It says that surfaces treated with HG Marble protector can not be
treated with conventional sealers, polishes or Waxes. They recommend the top protector next after 24 hours)

Their instructions tell us to take the next step today.
2.  HG Top Protector - Water based High quality Sealer

~~~~~

My question is, with this type of granite, do we add another coat of the HG Marble & Stone protector, or just use the HG topcoat as recommended by our installer.

Also, what is the best method for everyday cleaning?

Thank you for your advice. 
Colette Duffy

No comments: