Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Question about Granite Contertop

I read your posting on FINDSTONE.COM and was curious to know if my granite is fake that was installed in a new house. My house is just 1 week old now. We had a housewarming party the first day we moved in. I got granite countertop installed as an upgrade in the kitchen. The builder charged me a lot for this.
 
After the party I noticed that oil had sunk inside the granite countertop. I tried my best to wipe it off for almost 1 hr but no succcess.
 
Today at home depot a lady told me to try "TILE LAB STAIN Remover" . Since I have no idea about stones, I did a serach on google and found your posting :http://www.findstone.com/awaug102.htm
 
Before using it I wanted to ask :
 
1) Is our granite not real granite , if not what can I tell to the builder to make him believe as the product is still under warranty
2) Is it safe to use the tile lab stain removed on Granite Countertop. I didn't see anything mentioned in the directions that it can be used on Granite Countertops as well.
 
I will really really appreciate your input on this. I have gone crazy since I have seen the spots on my expensive granite( so called) countertop.
 
Thank You very much....
 
Suman Kumar

No comments: