Friday, September 25, 2009

question

Hi, looking for advice.  I am currently having an apartment built and in the preselection process decided on contrasting granite countertops: black on the island and leopard skin on the interior countertop.  The cabinets are natural maple and the backsplash is black tile.  Now, after I've seen how it looks in several completed units in the building, I don't like the leopard skin and am sorry I didn't simply go with black for the entire kitchen.  The builder told me it's too late to change the order because the materials were pre ordered months ago after the selection was made.  Completion of my unit is still 3 months away.  Should I even have them install the countertops, or should I tell them to just leave the cabinets there with no countertops - and have the all black countertops installed by someone else?  I should I have the builder only install the black island countertop and attempt to have another installer match that granite for the interior countertop?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

 

 

No comments: