Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rosa Limbara

 
I had Rosa Limbara work surfaces installed in my kitchen three weeks ago.  I did not realise that granite stained so easily.  I set a bottle of oil on the surface while I was cooking and did not realise that some had seeped out onto the surface.  I don't know how long it had been sitting there (maybe an hour) but when I cleaned up there was a dark ring underneath.  When I phoned the granite company to ask what to do about it I was told that once a stain got into the granite there was nothing that could be done to take it out!  I was very distressed and have spent the Christmas period covering the surface in mats and trivets and wiping up after everyone obsessively!!!  I wish someone had told me before I spent a lot of money buying a surface which is totally impractical in a kitchen!!!  I have read about poultices and treatments but have also read that acetone will damage the surface.  I am terrified to damage my new granite any further.  Can you help?? 
 
Nervous.

No comments: