Saturday, September 26, 2009

Labrador Austral

We just purchased Labrador Austral /Labrador blue Austral (or some form of that name).    There were two lots to choose from - one definitely had a 'bluer' background and the other, which we chose, had a green background with black and gold running through and of course the beautiful blue in it.  It does look similar to some of the other green stones out there (verde butterfly) - put what sets it apart from those is the beautiful blue in it.  I love how depending on what angle you are looking at it how different the blue can look.  My question is, how porous is this particular stone?  What do we need to watch out for as far as daily maintenance? I did the vinegar test and also tested with oil and tomato sauce on a HUGE sample piece (which I saw them break off right from that lot on a piece that was leftover)  they gave me and didn't see anything.  In fact I left the liquids on for a few hours.  I also tried to put the liquids in areas that looked like fissures.   I thought the slabs sitting in the yard would not be sealed yet?
Is it possible it is already sealed and that is why nothing penetrated?
Or am I just lucky and this particular stone is a good choice?

No comments: