Sunday, September 20, 2009

question re: santa cecilia granite

Hi, I've recently found your website and it is very helpful, thanks!  I have a question regarding a dispute over my new granite countertop.  I selected Santa Cecilia "light" based on a visit to a supplier several weeks ago, during which the sales associate gave me a 12 x 5" sample of the slab I liked.  Then my contractor found a fabricator who called the supplier and learned that she still had the slab I liked.  The supplier provided it to the fabricator.  It turns out the sample and the installed countertop are nothing alike.  The installed granite is mostly light gray/white while my sample is very beige/honey.  It is very disturbing because the counter doesn't really coordinate at all with the cabinets, flooring and walls.  The problem is the fabricator wants payment, but the supplier made an error in giving me a sample which I assumed was at least similar to the slabs we examined.  Who is responsible?  On a recent visit to the supplier, she said she should never have given me the sample because they don't even carry anything like it.  She also said she provided me the lot I picked.  This makes no sense and if I pay the fabricator, I'm essentially stuck with something I don't like and I didn't select.  And my contractor wants my fabricator paid because he said he did nothing wrong.  Any advice on how to resolve this?  Thanks,

Susan

No comments: