Thursday, September 24, 2009

question


Hello,
I came across your blog and was wondering if you could answer something for me. I recently had an  Uba Tuba Granite counter and island top installed in my new house. The problem is that there is little black
pieces of the counter top (it looks like glue) are coming off and I now
have a bunch of little holes in my counter. I'm wondering if I ended up
with engineered stone because I have never seen this or heard of this
happening to natural granite.When I look closely at the stone it doesn't have a really smooth surface. I can see areas that look like they have been filled with the black substance inside the stone. Have you ever heard of anything like this? Thank you for your help.
Sincerely,
Rochelle

P.S. Are there any visual tips you can give me that may help to
distinguish my stone from cultured or natural.

No comments: