Wednesday, September 9, 2009

restore marble wall

Hello: I recently installed a marble wall using 12X12 pieces. I had to make several cuts, and in doing so, I used a black marking pen to indicate my cut lines. After installation, I tried wiping the surface clean with water but found it to be time consuming (I did 4 large marble walls and had many cuts). In an effort to do the cleaning "faster and better" I used a solvent that removed the polished surface. Needless to say, after several wipes and realizing what I did, I stopped. I would like to repair the finish to its original luster. Can you help me with suggestions. What tools do I need? I am not adverse to buying a sander and or other equipment. Also, we are in the process of renovating our home. I have a good reasonable source for marble and granite. I would like to do my own cutting and polishing of the edges. I have a very good wet saw for cutting but do not have the foggiest idea of how to polish and round edges. Can you help me find a good educational source for "fabrication", and a source for professional supplies. My sincere thanks! Leon Friedman.

No comments: