Sunday, March 28, 2010

What is the durability of these stones?

Hi all!


I'm looking to remodel my bathroom and have decided on a granite countertop for the vanity (49" x 22" slab). My last experiance with granite was my kitchen where I had "Blue Starlight" installed and it is held up great over the past two years.


In the bathroom however there will be more water and perhaps makup / hairspray spills (from the wife [IMG]height=17 alt=Embarrassed http://forums.findstone.com/smileys/smiley9.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle> ) so I want to make sure that the granite I am looking at are as non-pourous as my kitchen slabs.


Here are the four I am looking at from the place where I bought my kitchen granite from, but I will probably buy somewhere else as it would seem that their "15 year sealer" is snake oil as per a prior post from Maurizio so I figure I will get it where ever it is cheapest! I have ordered samples and will do some tests but I would appreciate any opinions you may have.


Canelle



Shadow Grey


Platinum Blue



Blue Opal



Thanks!

    findstone2009-07-13 19:52:20

No comments: