Sunday, March 21, 2010

Terrazzo

I have terrazzo floors in my "new" mid-century Florida house I am in process of buying. Because I prefer a softer look between matte and semi-gloos, I plan to wax the floors after a thorough cleaning with a neutral cleaner. My question is this--what brand or type of wax has a neutral pH and will be appropriate to use? Carnumba, for instance, is slightly acidic. Thanks for your reply, and wish me luck with my new floor, which I have only peeked at underneath the current owner's wall to wall. Who knows what lurks beneath! I must say, it certainly is difficult to find out about rejuvenating terrazzo here on the Net--good for you to host this forum. Any information you can provide will be cheerfully and gratefully appreciaated. Thanks a million!

Carolinda Brooks
Winter Park Florida
    

No comments: