Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mosaic Tavertine Backsplash

   HELP.. I am about to install tumbled marble tavertine 1 x 1 inch mosaic backsplash in the kitchen and a counter top on some old built in cabinets in the living room ..(light use area)...I have some questions and would greatly appreciate any advice...
can I put the tile directly over the painted wall? what is the best stuff to use?? How true to the color it looks is grout?? when dry is it lighter?? darker??
do I have to have a substrate (cement board?) for the countertop? Looks like most advise is to go ahead and let the grout fill the nooks and crannies... and that I should use unsanded grout.. does anyone know where I can see a picture of sealed vs enhanced tavertine? so I seal the tavertine (or enhance it) then grout.. then seal it all again, right?? I have a tile nipper... if I had to split the 1 inch tiles .. is that what I use?? I was going to do a broken china mosaic.. but fell in love with the scabos tavertine you can see the same stuff on ebay, one big concern is that I do not want to loose any of the color.. how do I protect it?? what would enhancing do to it?? Thank you to anyone who can offer advise!!
    findstone2009-05-29 12:06:30

No comments: