Saturday, March 20, 2010

Limestone moisture marks

I have finished setting some 18X18 limestone tiles
using the Granite and Stone thin set sold by Home Depot. The thin set is the
"white", "premium" grade stuff. Much to my surprise, the pattern of the thin
set mortar is visible through the thickness of the tiles. I initially assumed
it was water wicking through the porous limestone and I figured it would
eventually evaporate and that would be the end of it. It has now been 2 weeks
and the patterns are still quite obvious. Have I not waited long enough? I know
the limestone tiles take quite a while to dry out when exposed to water, but
this seems like it should have cleared up by now. If it doesn't clear up, do
you think an enhancer might cover up the effect? At this point, I have not put
anything on the surface. Any thoughts or advice would be highly appreciated.findstone2009-05-29 12:04:05

No comments: