Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Labrador Antique Granite

I recently had a Labrador Antique Countertop installed in my kitchen and the top has a far different appearance from the slab I was shown. The surface has extensive "pitting" (approximately 15-20 marks per four square inches) across all of the surfaces. The pits are even rough to the touch, almost like sandpaper and especially when you use your fingernail. I had the installer and distributor out today and the distributor indicated that this was normal especially for Labrador Antique as it is not very common. I disagreed and they felt it was a personal preference. From any angle, the counter never apperas clean and always looks marred. I was wondering if anybody had experience with Labrador Antique and if in fact this is normal? Also, is there any "Granite Quality Experts" I could consult (Dallas TX perhaps?) Is there any governing group over stone quality? Thanks.

No comments: