Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fissures and Green blue lines

I just had installed "Lady Dream" granite about 3-4 weeks ago. It was beautiful. There was a fissure line in the stone located on the breakfast bar, about 20" lone and then stops. I was told it would buff out and was normal.
WEll, about 4 days after the install, slight green-blue shaded spots started to appear. Then about every 2 days, they got worse and more. Now they form a line that goes one inch way from the fissure and run the length of the fissure plus, in front of the sink there is a line starting and on the drain board side, two line much like "fingers". I have not cleaned it or done anything. The original contractor has tried several things with no real impact. He thinks it is mold but not sure and I think it might be copper. Both the contractor and the fabricator say they have never seen this. They are frustrated and I left a message last week telling them this was not acceptable. I am not getting any reply back from them. Anybody ever have dealings with this before? I picked the slab at the fabricators and saw nothing like I have now.

Many thanks,
Susan
scottemf@aol.com

No comments: