Sunday, April 4, 2010

stain on granite

Hi All!

I used a poultice made with talc and 40% hydrogen peroxide on a dark stain that I thought was soy sauce that had soaked into my verde butterfly granite countertop. I followed all the directions that I read about on this website.
When I removed the poultice the stained spot looked different, but not back to normal...it had some gold flecks showing through, but the brown stain was still visible...but now that part of the counter feels a little rough and is no longer shiny.
I'm not sure what to do now. The spot is still there, but I fear that another poultice might damage the spot further.
I guess I can live with the way the stain looks now, even though the natural grain and pattern of the granite doesn't show through...but the bigger problem is how do I get the smooth shiny surface back? It seems that I made it worse instead of better.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice anyone can give me!


Mel



   

No comments: