Thursday, April 22, 2010

cracks in crema marfil counter

   Just had crema marfil installed on countertop in bathroom. When I picked out the slab it had no visable cracks. Now it was installed there are 2 cracks which are not veins and fissures since I can feel uneven edge.

The fabricator says he can fix the cracks but I am concerned that they could get bigger over time. He refused to replace the slab - saying it is just part of the marble.

Can this be fixed so that no future problems and that it will look good? Or should I insist on new slab?

Thanks, c.daniels

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I am having the same problem with hairline cracks in my newly installed tub surround crema marfil.
I am worried this will get worse.
I spent a lot of money on my new master bath and it should be perfect.
I didn't notice the cracks until the fabricator left. If he wants to fill these cracks should I let him or should I insist on a new surround