Tuesday, April 13, 2010

CLR bottle left on "black" granite vanity top

Hi.  I have just installed a granite vanity top (Manufacturer says the colour is Black....I'm assuming its a mix granite/calcite type stone).
My wife had placed a bottle of CLR on the vanity for about 5-10 minutes.  When she removed the bottle, there was a light stain(etch?) in the rectangular shape of the bottle.

I have found a bunch of advice ranging from:

1) Try a poultice
2) Let it evaporate
3) try a 10% vinegar to 90% water solution
4) Try a granite cleaner
5) Try a light non-acidic dishsoap
6) Try acetone then a colour enhancer

I will admit that I am no geologist and have zero practical knowledge of granite upkeep.

Is there anyone out there that has experienced a similar issue that has tried something that works....
My desired result is to restore the stone to what it looked like before.

Thanks all.

No comments: