Tuesday, April 20, 2010

help with stain on granite and choice of sealer

    Hello. Thank you very much for taking the time to answer questions. They seem to be so helpful. I have been trying to find ways to get rid of a grease stain, from my newly installed granite counter. (Imperial Coffee from Brazil). From what I have been reading, that could very well turn out to be some other kind of stone. I would appreciate your input on that. Even the people where we bought the granite couldn't answer our question about how to get rid of the stain. Lucky for me I found your site. It seems to me then, that a "poultice" will do the trick as I have been reading that oil and other greasy stains come out that way. Now... I am pretty sure the stain is from butter. Is a poultice the way to go for that, too?

Also, the company who sold us the stone said they had already sealed it with a Penetrating Sealer from Aquamix, which obviously didn't quite do the trick. We decided that after we get rid of the stain we should seal it again but using another water based sealer from Aquamix called Enrich 'N' Seal, Premium color enhancer & Sealer for Stone. Is that a good thing to do? We made some tests on a scrap piece of the same stone putting the sealer and then leaving a chunk of butter overnight on it and the next morning came out as if it had never been there. We know using this sealer the color is "enhanced" which it deepens the color and it gives the stone a little shine. I only want to make sure there is no risk of future reactions with that particular stone and the sealer. Can anyone answer that for me, please? Thanks in Advance. Diana

No comments: