Friday, April 9, 2010

black granite polishing spot

I recently bought a house with absolute black granite counters(polished).
The counters were installed within the last six months. 99% of the counter looks great but I noticed one circular spot (8" diameter) that was lighter and looked like it had been ground (polished). (when you look straight down or the spot is shaded you don't see it as much but when you look at an angle with sun on it, it is very noticeable.   The owner said that there had been some scratches there and the installer ground (polished) the scratches out. The area seems to be lighter in color (gray). I understand that stone will have some problems and there are other areas where some of the grayer stone shows through -small areas that don't bother me.   But this spot does. I was reading about
color enhancer and wonder if this can help repair this small area and if there is one I can use on polished granite. If not color enhancer what else could I do? What product do you recommend?
   

No comments: