Saturday, April 10, 2010

San Francisco Verde/ Verde Candais?

Could someone tell me if San Francisco Verde is true granite or not? If not, what is it?

I just had it installed as kitchen countertops in the spring and love it. I've noticed it has areas with small amounts of shallow pitting. Is this from the slab not being polished enough or is that just a natural characteristic of the stone?

I'm wondering how absorbant the stone is and if it needs to be sealed. I've read that a lot of the black and dark green stones don't need to be sealed because they're so dense, and the sealant will actually just sit on the surface and make it look dull. My installer sealed them when they were installed, but I want to plan ahead for when/if they need to be sealed again.

Also, what is a good food-safe cleaner for everyday use? Mild soap, water, and Borax?

Thanks in advance!
Amy    

No comments: