Friday, August 21, 2009

Verde butterfly

We have just purchased a "granite" called Verde Butterfly.  It will be installed on our island   64" long and on three counter tops.
 
Just discovered your wonderful web site and am hoping to stop any problems before they occur.  I have heard all kinds of horror stories about Granite now that I have purchased it.  I know it is going to take more care than what Iwe  have now, which is tile.   Is it true that you cannot put hot pots on granite? 
I have heard that Granite Gold is one of the best cleaners to use, is it the best?
Our fabricator will be cutting the holes after the granite is delivered.  They tell us they will seal the granite, which I know has to be done, should we be looking for a certain sealer? 
  Will I run into problems since I plan on having stainless steel sinks and cooktop?  I know I cannot use soft scrub on the granite like I do on the Stainless.
 
Any help you can give me to prevent problems would be very very much appreciated.
 
Thank you so much for your wonderful site and all the information!!
 
Norma Peters
 

No comments: