Sunday, August 30, 2009

stone maintainance HELP

Dear Maurizio,
I have three problems/questions I am hopeful you can help me with. 1) I have just finisnised installing a tumbled marble floor in our shower.  The shower is not being used yet ( the bathroom is not yet completed) but I am concerned about staining since we are on well water and our water often causes rust stains.  Is there a product I should use to protect the marble from the rusty water before any staining occurs?  or is there a way that you recommend to remove these stains once they do occur?
  2) In my kitchen we installed an unglazed porcelin tile.  Am I supposed to seal this stone?  The place where I bought it said "no" although I could seal the grout if I'm concerned about any staining.  What do you recommend.  We also sealed about 1,000 square feet in our lower level that includes a playroom, a laundry , bedroom and a bath.  Should I also seal that grout?  That"s a whole lot of grout ...is there an expedient way to do this?
3)  Our cooktop in our kitchen is surrounded on three sides by unglazed brick (it's agout 45 years old) .  I cleasned it with TSP and  now it looks pretty good but my question is how do I keep it looking good. Can I seal it with something to prevent cooking stains?  Do you have any suggestions?  The counter edge which surrounds the cooktop is granite so I think my days of cleaning with TSP are over.
Any suggestions you have which might help me will be greatly appreciated. 
sincerely,
 
 
LuAnne Petrie
 

No comments: