Friday, August 21, 2009

Venezian granite

Less than a year ago we had Venezian Burano installed.  I'm not sure the difference between this and honed granite, but I was told it was low maintenance and would not stain.  Right away, black spots began to show where food preparation occurred and became very sticky, especially around the cooktop.  The installed cleaned and resealed, but to no avail.  The area around the cooktop is becoming blacker and blacker.  I got advice from another distributor to use a combination of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to clean the stickiness, which worked well, but the discoloration is really bothering me. 
 
I have noticed on the website that my installer is no longer using this product, due to other complaints. I'm tempted to have to have it replaced with another product since they promised my satisfaction, or perhaps you can recommend a way to removed the blackness and perhaps seal it properly.  I love the look and feel of it, but over time, I'm afraid it will look terrible.
 
Thank you for your attention.
 
Brenda Meeboer

No comments: