Friday, July 3, 2009

New Black Galaxy Granite countertop dullness

I just had installed new Black Galaxy granite countertops in my kitchen.  There were two large scratches, one on the island and the other on the other side of the kitchen. I did not want these scratches on my new countertop so told the installers.  They buffed the scratches out but left a dull graying streak in both places and said that most people leave the scratches, but they did not tell me they would remove the finish if buffed out and I would be left with this dullness.  They came back the next day to "polish them up" and they did look fine after they were done.  The next day the dullness returned much to my great dismay.  I have called them back to re-do, but I have heard that the shine cannot be brought back unless you re-sand and refinish the whole piece.  I would at least like to see some of the shine, if not the original as this is a brand new countertop.  Do you think there is any way to resolve this or maybe your MB-6 color enhancer can improve this terrible mess?  (I have blotted on mineral oil and it looks good, but of course that comes off when you wipe the counter).

 Please, help needed as soon as possible!!!!   Thank you.

 

-Wanda in NJ

 

No comments: