Friday, July 10, 2009

fix a crack in granite

Hello! I found your site this evening and was hoping you could help.  While
installing new sink, my husbank used a hammer to pry the old sink out. 
Unfortunatley, this put three 2 inch horizontal cracks in our granite at
each point he used the hammer.  This is right in front of the sink and you
can feel them with your fingernail.  Is there anything we can do to seal the
crack or lessen its appearance or protect it from getting dirt in it and
making the cracks more noticable?  I don't think they will spread because
they are horizontal, but my husband thinks we can/should do  nothing because
it's not so noticeable.  I'm not as sure  because I worry what could happen
in the future with it looking more noticeable...II read something on your
site about epoxy, is this an option? Any help you could give would be
appreciated!

PS  How often should you seal granite?

Thanks!

Lori from Pasadena, MD

No comments: