Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Absolute Black Granite

I found you online while researching problems with absolute black granite and was hoping you could provide me with some much-needed insight. 

We installed absolute black granite last August and have had trouble with it since it was installed.  It has been making rings, scratching and cracking-even a basket with no moisture on it left a permanent ring.  After working closely with our installer and supplier, we have had several treatments on it (everything from stripping and reapplying the sealer to blow torches to secret sauce with a steel wool sander) to no avail.  It has been deemed not repairable.

Now we are faced with ripping up the kitchen and installing new granite.  Our current absolute black is from Zimbabwe, which our supplier says they are no longer purchasing.  They have recommended the Indian absolute black, which they say should not have any problems.  I have looked at other colors of granite and haven't found anything else that appeals to me.  The kitchen was designed for black countertops.

My husband and I are very concerned about using absolute black again - from anywhere.  I would appreciate any insight or recommendations you could make. 

Thanks so much for your help.

 Sincerely,

 Susan

No comments: