Monday, July 6, 2009

Possible problem with new granite

I just posted this in the "General stones" category and then I noticed a separate spot for granite.  So I am posting my question here as well
 
I recently had granite countertops installed.  I just noticed a four foot plus line approximately 3/4" to 1"wide on the underside of one of the installed pieces.  It is located on the underside of the stone where it protrudes out just over the cabinet.  The other two pieces do not have this.  It appears to be a hardened epoxy.  I am assuming that there was a gouge into the stone that occurred at some point and was filled in.  Unfortunately, I cannot tell how deep into the stone it may have gone.  Will this cause a problem with the integrity of the stone?  Can something like this happen when the fabricator is using machinery to carve and polish the edging?  Thanks

No comments: