Sunday, July 19, 2009

Berry Black Granite Tile - stains

Hi; I'm hoping for some help regarding my countertop tiles - Berry Black Granite, polished, 16 x 16 tiles. We chose granite because of its resistance to heat, scratches and (we were told) stains. Now, only 3 1/2 months ago, I am seeing stains: one blotchy one that if I run my nail over feels rougher than the rest of the tile and two more, circular, that look like the marks left by a cup. I don't know what made those marks. Do I have any hope of eliminating those stains? Do I have any recourse against the supplier? I realize now that I should have done more research but honestly, I thought I had done my homework: I read all the magazine articles I could get my hands on that talked about choosing the right counter top material and none of them made any mention of granite being susceptible to staining. In fact they all touted it as the most resilient surface you could find! Thanks. Julie

No comments: