Sunday, July 12, 2009

New Granite Countertops

I just had new granite countertops installed in my kitchen and on three vanities in the bathrooms.  All of the countertops were done in Butterfly Green.  I didn't find your site until after installation.  Is Butterfly Green a porous granite?  Is it "real" or as I've read on some of the other questions, another type of stone being sold as real granite?  The installer did an initial sealant twice during install and when I asked him about future care, he said they would not need sealants again, just use a granite cleaner occasionally to keep them shiny.  Is this correct?  Also, I selected the granite slabs from a yard myself and when I did I selected the thick granite (1 3/8 inch I believe).  Now I am wondering (too late I guess to do anything about it), if there was any real reason for spending the extra money for the money.  Would I have been better off to buy the thinner slabs?  I had thought I had gotten a really good price for the slabs and the install but now I am worried.

 

Robin

No comments: