Monday, July 13, 2009

butter stain

Wow, awesome web site!  Ive learned so much more from your website in the last hour, than I did researching granite counters for 2 months at local stores and fabricators.
  We have what I assume is "granite", its gray and black with moderate movement and ruby red garnets throughout.  Its called somoa lite.  when you run your hand across the top, you can feel cracks, crevices etc around the garnets especially.  I wonder if those garnets are prone to crumble, dislodge etc, especially around the sink cut out?  Also, although Im not having any trouble with water stains, should I reseal?  Weve had it almost 4 months and the installers supposedly sealed it.  Of course, I already have an "oops",  I left a wrapped stick of butter out overnite  and it bled through.  The stain, untreated, has lifted a lot, but some does remain.  Id like to try your poultice method with the acetone if it's not too late,  its been a month!  I realize I have to reseal the area and maybe youll say to do the entire top after anyways, but I assume even if it fails, I wont do any further harm? Again, Im assuming this is granite and should be sealed every 6 months anyways?  Lastly, what daily cleaner would you recommend?  Thankyou so much.  Lisa

No comments: