Monday, July 6, 2009

Granite installation

  I absolutely fell in love with the idea of installing granite tile in the
new house I am building  (concrete slab). Throughout my life, I am positive
I have seen commercial installations of granite tile that were done without
grout lines. However, after reading 100's of Q & As on this site, I was really disappointed to read that it is "illegal" to install granite tile without at least a 1/32nd of an inch space and the only way to fill that space is with some nasty grout that will ruin the beautiful flow of the natural stone. What is done in commercial groutless installations that I can't do in my home? I absolutely despise the idea of grout lines. Please give me hope by providing me with an option that will help me get the look I want.

Gary

No comments: