Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It sounds as if a sealer is also not an answer.

I just purchased some Botticino Fiorito (polished) marble for my bathtub/shower.  I noticed that with the white veining/streaking there are sometimes some fissures or weak spots.  Is this not an appropriate material for this project?  Is it more likely to crack that the Semi-Classico or Classico?  Can the fissures be filled with grout (I noticed that some of them already have some sort of filler)? The back of the tiles I have has some sort of epoxy with sand on the back-I assume to provide support.  Does this mean that I purchased a product of poor quality or will this actually help prevent problems?  I am debating on whether to return this material for one of the other Botticino marbles, at the sacrifice of a restocking fee.It sounds as if a sealer is also not an answer.

Thanks,
 
Dayna.

No comments: