Thursday, June 18, 2009

Granite black galaxy tiles query

Hi there,

I'm from the UK and think your website is great and a wealth of information!  :-)

I wonder if you can help me?

I am just about to lay some 'black galaxy' granite tiles on my bathroom floor.

The guy I bought the tiles from had used them for his bathroom and he had kept the leftover tiles in the original shipping crate in his garden.

The tiles have unchamfered edges but I am going to use a black grout to address the problem of uneven edges.

The tiles are great but are quite dull. Am I correct in thinking that I should just clean the tiles with a weak mixture of dish washing liquid with warm water?

Will this revive their shine alone or will I need an additional commercial cleaner?

Also, having read your forum Q&As, I believe that I definitely should not apply a sealant to the tiles!

Many thanks,

Dave.

No comments: