Saturday, June 13, 2009

Dark Emperador Marble

As with many other customers, I get much conflicting information regarding stone, granite and marble applications.  Your web site seems to offer very informative responses that are based on fact.  I have just begun my research for a master bath remodel and would like to use a marble or granite counter top.  I understand that granite may normally be recommended for counter tops due to durability and maitenance, however, we like the looks of the Dark Emperador marble.  The shower and floors will have an ivory and noche color travertine and the marble seems to match up better than any granite we have seen so far.  Can you provide any feedback on the Dark Emperador marble with regards to using it for the bathroom and any ongoing maitenance.  I understand we need to use specialized cleaners but is there anything else that we should be aware of? 

The alternate is Taupe "granite".  Do either of these need sealers?  I assume the "lemon test" should only be used on granite and not marble due to the acidity. 

Thank you,

Warwick

No comments: