Monday, June 22, 2009

HELP MY MARBLE IS YELLOWING!

We just completed an entire bathroom in White Carrara marble. After a few weeks, I have noticed that the marble is turning yellow--almost brown in some parts.  I am panicking.  The marble was set with SpectrLock epoxy type grout.  The instructions noted that the marble should be sealed first and 45 minutes should elapse before grouting. 
 
However, my installer was impatient (and angry that I was making him use a more labor intensive grout) and started grouting right away, after sealing, not waiting for the sealer to dry and penetrate.
 
I have read the discussion that preceded about the cararra yellowing problem.  Is my marble yellowing because of the way my marble was installed?  I am waiting for the installer to blame me because I picked the grout.
 
Anyway,  is there anyway to correct this?   This was an expensive job. 
 
Thanks for your assistance.
 
SMW.

No comments: