Saturday, July 4, 2009

travertine limestone

I am almost finished with a renovation that included a new kitchen.  I loved the travertine limestone (looks like Durango but a little lighter) from the previous kitchen and wanted to do the same thing, so I did.  I simultaneously fell in love with a Calacatta Gold marble for the countertops and the sample I found had a beautiful caramel color that looked really nice with my floors.  However, when I went to pick out my slabs for the countertops I could not find anything that was predominently caramel and ended up with predominently gray with some caramel.  The marble is beautiful, but now that it is installed it doesn't really go with the floor.  Yikes.  Is there any way to "glaze" the floor to alter the color in any way to get a better match?

No comments: