Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Granite Help

I have recently attempted to uninstall my granite countertops cleanly and sell to someone....several problems...the backsplash was heavily glued to the wall and when I attempted to pull a piece out it split two inches before the seam...? Or was it even a seam...i tried to cut the one seam on my backsplash and the one on my counter and the knife didn't go through...almost like it was a crack rather than a seam with a black epoxy...the knife met with a crunchy resistance... any better advice....also the monster problem is removing the 6 foot slab from the cabinets where there is an undermount sink attached to the granite and I am wondering what the best method for this is...I have purchased a solvent that disolves epoxy type substances and I have a blade that should cut most of the seal off the cabinets but how in the heck do I move this piece without breaking it....??? Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: