Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sealing a wine cellar floor...Scabos

Hi Folks,

I've searched this site to see if anyone has previously asked this question...I can't find anything.

I'm just completing the installation of a wine cellar in my basement. We have used Scabos as the floor covering.

All of the information that I have read about sealing stone in wine cellars / painting wine cellar walls have said to use only water based sealants.

The contractor who is installing the stone has told me that it doesn't really matter if the sealant is water based or not.

Does any member have any experience with sealing stone in wine cellars, and if a water based sealant is the way to go, could you supply me with any brand names? (as I'm having difficulty finding any up here in Canada)

Thanks!

Jaff   

No comments: